Image via Wikipedia
What is your state law in regards to gambling? What are your options online? What you know will help you to make correct choices in gambling–no matter where you travel.
What should you be aware of?
- State laws. Do you know, for example, if social gambling is allowed in the state, meaning “whether playing for money in a purely social context is allowed”? What this means is that the host of the game cannot make more money than you do; they must make equal to what you make. See more laws requirements by state here.
- Online gambling or gaming. Online gambling is all the rage, but does the state allow you to make money at it? Sites range from gambling games to online craps, even informational gambling sites. Do you know what is really open to you?
- Books from the library, online or through a medium such as Kindle, can give you information on the latest laws in your state.
- What is the state’s charitable gaming laws? California has three statues that apply to charitable gaming; raffles, poker, and bingo. Utah is not on the list.
- US Federal Gambling Laws. What do you know of the US Federal Gambling Laws? What you know and should be cautious about, even nationally, will help you at the poker table.
Knowing the gambling laws is really a protection for you. Make no mistake, not knowing the laws in your state may award you greater problems then you need. Learn what you can today regarding the laws of gambling and their consequences so that you’ll be prepared at any table in any state.